WEST COLUMBIA, SC -- Registration is now open for Lexington Two students interested in applying to attend a school outside their regular attendance zone for the 2020-21 academic year.
Students already on Limited School Choice who will be returning to the same school for the 2020-21 academic year do not have to fill out a new application -- but those changing schools will need to complete a new application. Applicants must have a record of good behavior and good attendance.
Limited School Choice tries to provide parents who are legal residents of Lexington Two with the means to enroll their K5 -12 children in a specific school based on an identified need. Choice requests will be granted based on mitigating circumstances/need (documentation required), based on the district’s priority order; the student’s attendance and discipline history; and the enrollment capacity of the requested school. If the number of applicants exceeds the determined enrollment capacity of a specific school, a waiting list for that school and grade level will be created.
Also worth noting:
- Limited School Choice is not an option for 3K and 4K students.
- Siblings of students on Limited School Choice are not eligible for automatic attendance at the school of choice unless an application has been completed and approved for the sibling.
- If applying for more than one student, use a separate application for each child.
- Middle school and high school students who are approved for Limited School Choice may be limited in athletic participation for one year due to South Carolina High School League regulations.
- When requesting school choice, parents must agree to transport the student by car to and from school each day (no school bus transportation).
- Limited School Choice requests may be submitted for specific circumstances listed below in priority order. The documentation listed for each priority must be provided at the time of submitting the application. No application will be considered without specific documentation.
- Medical needs (statement signed by doctor)
- Childcare provisions (statement signed by childcare provider)
- Parent’s work location (statement signed by employer)
- Daycare location - (statement signed by daycare provider)
- Continuation of School Choice – (moving from elementary to middle, or middle to high) -- new application required
- Sibling placement with district-assigned program
- Other (Attach an explanation to your application)
Applications are due to the Office of Student Services by April 24, 2020. Mail them to:
Lexington County School District Two
Office of Student Services
114 Hook Ave.
West Columbia, SC 29169
Limited School Choice applications are available at the Office of Student Services; the District Office, 715 Ninth St., West Columbia; and attached here in English and Spanish.
Questions? Call (803) 739-3141.