WEST COLUMBIA, SC -- Lexington Two has announced new principals and assistant principals for the 2021-2022 academic year.
Matt Schilit will become principal at Airport High School. Schilit has served as principal at Lexington Two’s Northside Middle School since 2020. Schilit started his career at Lexington Two’s former Lakeview Education Center, where he worked with alternative school students in grades 6-12, and was the wrestling coach at Brookland-Cayce High School. Schilit later served as assistant principal at Dent Middle School and as assistant administrator and teacher at Ridge View High School, both in Richland Two; principal at Strom Thurmond High School in Edgefield County School District; data, evaluations and testing coordinator in Allendale County Schools; principal at Dover Elementary School and North Middle/High School, both in Orangeburg Consolidated School District Five; and as principal at Branchville High School in the Orangeburg County School District. Schilit succeeds Chris Earl, who has taken a job promotion in another school district.
Anna Unversaw will serve as interim principal at Northside Middle School for the 2021-22 school year. Unversaw has worked for the past year as Northside’s assistant principal, having previously served as a teacher at Northside since her arrival there in 2017.
Superintendent Dr. Nicolas Wade also recommended, and the Lexington Two Board of Trustees has approved, the selection of several new assistant principals:
- Dr. Naarah Bryant, Airport High School. Bryant has served as an assistant administrator in Richland School District Two since 2018.
- Robert Dunkin, Airport High School. Dunkin has served as an assistant principal with Lee County Schools since 2019.
- Jessica Marze, Wood Elementary School. Marze most recently served as a behavior interventionist with Lexington-Richland 5.
- Julie Miller, Airport High School. Miller, who is the new assistant principal of instruction, most recently served as assistant principal at Lexington Two’s Brookland-Cayce High School.
- Bryson Summers, Northside Middle School. Summers moved to Northside as interim assistant principal from Airport High School, where he was a special education teacher.
The first day of classes for the 2021-2022 school year is Monday, August 16.