WEST COLUMBIA, SC -- Lexington County area veterans are invited to a series of tributes planned by Lexington Two schools in recognition of Veterans Day.
Events include performances in theater, dance, orchestra, strings and chorus, among other activities.
Here is a sampling of events. All area veterans are invited to come and enjoy these salutes in Lexington Two schools.
FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 9
- Veterans Day concert: 9:30 a.m., Springdale Elementary. Several patriotic songs will be performed, including American Tears, I Love My Country, The Lights of Freedom and This is America. Students also will share information about the United States and its freedoms, along with quotes from historical figures and more. The Pledge of Allegiance will be recited and The Star Spangled Banner sung. The event will end with a slideshow of veterans who are related to Springdale students and staff. 361 Wattling Road
- Veterans Day Program: 9 a.m. at Busbee Creative Arts Academy. Dance performances to songs like Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy, a theater performance to Play War Stories: Why We Recognize Veterans’ Day, orchestral and strings pieces, and A Tribute to the Armed Services by the seventh and eighth grade choral members are part of the morning’s program. 501 Bulldog Blvd.
- Veterans Day Salute: 8:30 a.m. at Riverbank Elementary. Speakers, patriotic songs, and a recognition of veterans are part of this event. 160 Cougar Drive
- Veterans Day music: 8:30 a.m. at Congaree Elementary. Patriotic music and a performance by the fifth-grade chorus is on tap, and veterans will be recognized. 1221 Ramblin Road
MONDAY, NOVEMBER 12
- Veterans breakfast: 8:15 a.m. at Pine Ridge Middle School. Student council members will address veterans and guests, expressing gratitude for service and what that service means to them and to our community. The principal also will address veterans. Breakfast will be served. 735 Pine Ridge Drive