WEST COLUMBIA, SC -- Registration is open for rising 4K and 5K students who will be attending Lexington Two schools in the 2022-2023 school year.
To be eligible to enroll, a child must be 4 years old on or before September 1, 2022. Register your child online at www.lex2.org. Among required registration documents:
- Child’s birth certificate (long form)
- Child’s immunization certificate
- Proof of income for 4K students only (Acceptable forms of proof: child’s Medicaid card, parent/guardian’s pay stub or income tax information). For 4K programs only, family income must meet federal free and reduced lunch guidelines.
In addition to the above documents, two proofs of residency and a photo ID also must be presented to the school the child is zoned to attend before the first day of school on Monday, August 15, 2022. Parents/legal guardians must show one proof of residency from each category below.
- Tax receipt showing that both property and dwelling are in Lexington Two
- Mortgage receipt or bill
- Rental or lease agreement or a notarized letter from the landlord (must include the rental property address and the landlord/rental agency's contact address and phone number)
- Cable television bill
- Telephone bill
- Gas/electric bill
- Water/Sewer bill
- Official federal government documents
All required documents should be presented to the school between 8 a.m.-3 p.m. Monday-Thursday. If you are unable to drop off documents, please contact the Office of Student Services at (803) 739-3141.
All families with children who will be 4 years old by September 1, 2022 -- regardless of income -- are encouraged to register and attend screening appointments in the event that slots become available. Screenings for rising 4K students will take place in April and June. Students will be accepted into the program based upon screening results.
To help with school readiness and a positive transition to kindergarten, Lexington Two partners with Lexington County First Steps to offer Countdown to Kindergarten. This program offers an opportunity for the parent and child to connect with a teacher during six sessions over the summer months.
For more information, contact Lexington Two’s Early Childhood Department at (803) 926-5743.
Lexington Two strives to provide superior educational experiences that empower our students to achieve their highest potential.
2022-2023 School Year Calendar (English and Spanish)